As I seem to be slavishly following the daily prompts, I thought I would do something different today. It’s been a while since I’ve done a half hour flash fiction challenge so figured might be worth a while.
For those who don’t know this challenge involves me randomly choosing ten words, and writing a piece of flash fiction of no more than 200 words that must include all of those ten words, easy. Plus there’s the additional challenge of only giving myself half an hour to write it.
I used this site for the random words, and I was given the following words to use…
Chargeable, humming, death-trap, business, acoustic, condition, eventual, humanlike, limousine, moan
Hope you like it.
Jarad knelt down behind the air conditioner. The acoustics of the warehouse amplified the noise of their shuffling and moaning through the loud humming.
He just had to get to his limousine parked outside. If he could, he might just make it out of the city alive. He hadn’t exactly had those things in mind when he had the bulletproof glass installed, but it would still protect him. There was also his gun in the glove-box for when he was doing ‘business’ but he had to get to it first. Right now he was just sitting in one large zombie-infested death trap, and he couldn’t afford to just sit around and wait.
The door was close, but not clear. Two humanlike forms guarded the doorway. The one on the left was chargeable, but the one on the right must have been 300 pounds, and even dead there was no way he would get past that one. Yet, if he didn’t risk it he’d die eventually.
He was in no condition to wait around. Jarad looked down at his arm, it had already started to swell and turn purple.
Jarad took a deep breath and charged towards the door…
- Flash Fiction: Swarm (fresheyre.wordpress.com)
- Flash Fiction Contest Second Runner Up: ‘My Treasure’ (horrornovelreviews.com)
- Flash!Friday- Vol 2-34 (Flash Fiction Contest) (jessicapwest.wordpress.com)
- Flash-In-The-Pan: Motorcycle (preziosofrye.wordpress.com)
- Flash Fiction Friday: Ann Wilkes (horroraddicts.wordpress.com)
- Flash Fiction: Ocean Song (467 words) (apprenticenevermaster.wordpress.com)
- ‘Done’ – Flash Fiction Friday (liturgical.wordpress.com)
- #FlashFiction #amwriting #shortshortstory #prosepoem (clarkknowles.wordpress.com)
- The Wrath (flash fiction) (candacehabte.com)
- Writing Sample: Flash Fiction (hiresarahjaneabbott.wordpress.com)